Monday, February 05, 2018

Laugh for the day: faking it in fashion, 1967

Image result for crone of cawdor

es, Mr.
Stephens.
Oh, Miss Warbell, I'm dying to ask you a question.
- What is it? - Will boots be popular next year? I'd say that all depends on how Boots behaves herself this year.
- Well, shall we go? I'm starved.
- Yes.
I don't want to leave without my notes.
I hate to rush you through lunch, but I have a lot of notes to go through Oh, excuse me a minute.
Oh, there you are, Miss Warbell.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=bewitched-1964&episode=s03e27
Endora, pretending to be a fashion journalist: Oh, there you are, Miss Warbell. I'm Miss Krovistrod. I write the fashion copy for Tate & McMann. I've seen your picture a million times... I would like your opinion about the new polyester fabrics...

The Crone of Cawdor, masquerading as Miss Warbell the fashion expert: I think Polly Esther is as good as the next designer.

Someone else asks Miss Warbell, "Will boots be popular next season?" Her response: "I'd say that all depends on how Boots behaves herself this year."

(Bewitched, "The Crone of Cawdor")

No comments: